PLEASE ALLOW AN ADDITIONAL TWO WEEKS FOR POWDERCOATED INTERCOOLERS TO BE PROCESSED AND SHIPPED.
Fits all 2022+ Civic 1.5T
Fits all variant models including Si, CVT, 6MT, RHD, International Models, Etc.
- NO ECU CALIBRATION REQUIRED
Designed for drivers looking to get the most performance and efficiency out of their intercooler system at once, our High Volume Intercooler Upgrade Kit includes our Billet End Tank Intercooler Upgrade, Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit & High Volume Intercooler Outlet, all at an attractive combo price. Please note that this combo kit does NOT fit the factory charge pipe system and is only compatible with our supplied Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit.
It’s no secret that Honda’s 1.5L turbo Civic is extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs. The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 550+ horsepower rated (though we have pushed 600+) 21.6x4.5x5.9” bar-and-plate bar-and-plate core and machined billet aluminum end tanks! This intercooler utilizes factory mounting spots with our embossed end tanks.
The PRL Motorsports High Volume Intercooler Outlet promotes laminar airflow by eliminating the bottleneck of the factory intercooler/charge pipe connection and allows for a smooth transition to the inner diameter of our Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit. The High Volume Intercooler Outlet also features a methanol injection bung - this location allows the methanol time and space for proper atomization for consistent throughout the charge air, which is ideal for tuning, safety and cooling.
Our charge pipe upgrade kit utilizes a smooth flowing, larger inner diameter cold-side charge pipe (1.25" factory compared to 2.5") for increased airflow and factory diameter hot-side outlet to aid in turbocharger spool. 4-ply silicone couplers are used throughout our design for a couple of reasons:
- Heat-soak reduction: Silicone hose offers extremely low thermal heat transfer properties, especially in comparison to steel or aluminum.
- Strength and rigidity: The rubber hoses used from the factory are known to experience expansion, which worsens as boost is increased. In time, the rubber construct weakens, causing increased likeliness of a boost leak. Also, we have managed to melt the factory rubber hose a handful of times during our track adventures on our shop car. Our high-temp, 4-ply silicone with handle the high temperatures of the turbocharger much better than the factory rubber hose(s).
- Smooth airflow: Custom molded silicone allows us to offer much higher flowing bends than we could with metal tubing.
- Optimal fitment: We have found that the factory rubbers hoses don't offer the most desirable fitment, especially when paired with an aftermarket radiator. Our silicone hose(s) offer even better fitment than factory.
Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
- Drastically reduced charge air temperatures
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
- (1) Intercooler Assembly w/ Billet End Tanks
- (2) Mounting Brackets w/ Stainless Hardware
- (1) Billet Aluminum High Volume Intercooler Outlet
- (1) Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- (1) PRL Factory Style Replacement O-Rings
- (1) Methanol Injection Bung
- (1) Cold Side Charge Pipe & Machined Billet Aluminum Flanges
- (1) -4AN O-Ring to 1/4" Hose Barb (Pre-Installed in Cold Side Charge Pipe)
- (1) 1/8” NPT Pipe Plug (Pre-Installed in Methanol Injection Bung)
- (1) Mounting Bracket for Cold Side Charge Pipe
- (3) 4-Ply Silicone Couplers
- (6) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamp